Based on a wheelbarrow, the Ecolite-WH2 is one of the most portable lighting towers on the market. It can be easily positioned by a single user and fits through a standard doorway, yet provides many of the features of our full-sized lighting towers. Technologies such as prismatic lens technology and the cutting-edge BOC Hymera hydrogen fuel cell come as standard, meaning the WH2 has a small ecological footprint to match its stature.
The Hymera fuel cell was developed by BOC Linde, and produces DC power from bottled hydrogen. Dusk-to-dawn auto switching allows the tower to run for several days without human intervention from the two bottles stored within.
The silent reaction does not involve combustion, and produces water vapour as the only on-site by-product. As such, it is perfect for reducing the environmental impacts of site works. Unlike diesel engines, there is no CO2 released at source, nor any other harmful chemicals such as Nitrous Oxides which can cause respiratory problems for those nearby. It is therefore safe to use in enclosed areas, requiring no more ventilation than two adult men at work.
As such, it is useful in ecologically-sensitive areas where traditional mobile lighting towers cannot be used. Bottled hydrogen poses no ground spill risk, while silent operation, zero emissions at source, and special low-impact lighting means that it is simple to meet increasingly-strict construction rules such as Section 61.
For off-grid uses, the WH-2 can also be fitted with an optional 110V AC power outlet did by an battery and inverter. This can provide a maximum of 2.0Kw of power for up to 10 mins with a recovery time of around 1 hour. As a safety feature, lighting is maintained throughout by the Hymera fuel cell itself. Further protection is provided by built in safety cut outs and breakers.
Like all Ecolites, the Ecolite-T is fitted with Prismatic Lens Technology lamps which make the most effective use of every lumen produced. Known light patterns provide better-quality, evenly-spread light with no flicker and reduced glare. This also minimises light pollution, making them perfect for the urban environment and in environmentally-sensitive areas.
If you’re looking for powerful task lighting in a portable package, the Ecolite WH2 is the solution for you.
- ZERO exhaust emissions
- ZERO CO2 emissions
- ZERO noise pollution
- ZERO particulate pollution
- ZERO servicing
- ZERO combustion
- ZERO possibility for fuel or earth contamination
Hydrogen fuel cell
- Making use of the cutting-edge BOC Hymera fuel cell, the Ecolite creates green energy from a chemical reaction between bottled hydrogen and oxygen in the surrounding air. Unlike a diesel combustion engine, the only outputs are energy and water vapour, meaning no nasty exhaust fumes or environment-damaging CO2. Plus, the reaction is completely silent, meaning the Ecolite is as quiet as a library.
- The Ecolite-TH200is is engineered using the latest high-efficiency technologies including the hydrogen fuel cell and low-energy LED lighting from Prismalence. Loads that would have previously been unsuitable for even the smallest diesel generator can be cost-effectively run by the BOC Hymera.
- No risk of ground fuel spill, no emissions at source, and no noise pollution: The TCP Hydrogen Ecolite is perfect solution for sites where you are trying to reduce environmental impact. Every aspect of the tower has been considered, helping you tackle secondary pollution issues such as light pollution from glare and noise pollution from engines.
|Overall height (travel position):
|Overall height (Mast extended to floodlighting position):
|Operating voltage (Luminaire):
||24 V DC
|Power source (Fuel Cell):
||BOC Hymera TM
||1 x Linde GENIE 20 Litre compressed hydrogen gas cylinder (300 bar)
||Up to 200 hours (single head)
|Output power (max):
|Output voltage (Hymera):
||14-30 V DC (set at 24 V DC for standard WH2)
||4 x top lifting eyes
||3 x bottom tie-down eyes
||1 (2) x 38 W LED Lamps (available with one or two head option)
||MK Commando 50 V 2-pin